December 12, 2012 – the last day in this century where the numeral date can be all the same number — 12/12/12. There is no 13th month to continue the series into next year, which makes this day unique.
There is already a lot of buzz around this date. Moms-to-be want their babies to be born on this date, couples wanting to marry are planning their wedding on this date, there are parties thrown to celebrate this special day. The environment is much more hullabaloo than I had really expected. 😉
All this excitement has triggered my enthusiasm to do something special to make it memorable for me in my own way.
After a lot of confused thoughts and a lot of ideas that got rejected by my own self, I finally decided to do something that’s easy and so called “important” 😛
Usually we make New Year resolutions on 31st Dec, but then I thought why not utilize this much hyped date 12.12.12 to start implementing my pacts for next year. 😉
One more reason was, if the world at all ends tomorrow, then at least I will have the satisfaction that I decided to do “right” things but couldn’t do because of destiny. 😛
So, as soon as I come to this “decision”, my mind started preparing a list of resolutions that I should have for myself. I wanted them to be realist, measurable and achievable.
This year has given me a lot of happy moments, lot of memories; a lot of teachings as well. This year has made me more mature to handle life and take situations on ease. So, I should say a stylish “good-bye” to this year.
So here comes the list for a happier life:
1) I will call my mom every day without fail. 🙂
2) I will continue my meditation without being lazy 😉 Hmm, a difficult one..
3) I will give myself enough time to be on my own. I will take time out of this hectic home-work-home routine to pamper my own self.
4) I will save every 10% of my salary every month. I will concentrate more on my savings rather than my shopping. 😉 hmm, ok..
5) I will learn a new language. Probably, Arabic this time 😉
6) I will visit 2 new places. Wow, now that’s something! 😉
I am sure these small and simple things will make a difference in my life.
I am all geared up to witness a fresh start from tomorrow!
So, what’s special for you on 12.12.12?